Combination Y-shaped passing practise with "dummy"
- 4 markers
- 2 balls
- Playing area: 15x15 meters
- Players: 5
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Series: 2 series of 5 minutes
Exercise involving four players to improve the timing of the pass with rapid exchanges
|Vestibular information, Peripheral vision, Slip, Counter move, Short pass, Play who you see, Wall Pass, Triangle|
Inside the fixed area use the markers to form a triangle with sides 10 meters in length. Place another marker in the centre of the triangle. Players A, C, D stay near the corresponding markers. Players A and D start with the ball. Player B stays near the marker in the centre. Player E stays behind the teammate A, waiting for his turn.
Below, we provide the executing sequence:
- Player A who is carrying the ball, moves the ball to the side where there is the distant teammate free to receive (player C in the figure); at the same time player B performs checks away then goes on to the passing line between the teammates A and C (position B1). Player A passes the ball to the teammate B who lets the ball pass between his legs performing a "dummy". Player A after passing, goes to the marker near which player B started
- Player B, after making the "dummy", changes directions going to the B2 position to receive the pass by the teammate D who is on the other vertex
- Player D then executes a wall pass with Player B. Player B goes to the position where player D started
- Player D passes the ball to player E then follows the pass going behind him (player E) who starts again the exercise in the same way
The exercise is continuous by alternating, once to the left and once to the right the first long pass. The players rotate their positions for the whole series.
- Add checking away and back before receiving the ball in every station
- Verify the intensity during the passing sequence
- Verify the synchronicity of players in rotating
- Encourage the players to keep an eye on both of the balls stimulating the peripheral vision
- Verify the the central player checks away then goes forward to perform the "dummy" correctly
- Verify the right execution of the wall pass