5 against 2: Training centre midfielders
- 4 markers
- Sufficient balls for continuity
- 2 vests
- Playing area: 15 x 15 meters
- Players: 7
- Duration: 14 minutes
- Series: 2 of 6 minutes with a 1 minutes pause of active recovery
Training midfielders for recovery and wide game
|Losing your marker, Pass, Positioning, Intercepting, Creating width and depth, Mobility, Pressing, Transitions|
- Players get divided into 2 teams: 5 (4 outside and 1 inside) against 2 (both of them midfielders inside the square)
- 5 minutes sessions separated by an active recovery
- The 2 midfielders go inside the square.
- The team that consists of 5 players starts passing the ball.
- The player from inside the square will be the support for outer players, they will have to avoid midfielders and give back the ball as soon as possible.
- The 5 outer players must prevent midfielders from going out the square once they recover the ball.
- Place 4 outer players on the 4 sides of the square, they can get in the square
- The 2 midfielders have to recover the ball and take it out as soon as possible
- If the midfielders recover the ball and get out of the square then they score 1 point
- If players with ball execute 5 consecutive passes, they score 1 point
- After 5 points, 2 players get in the square and swap positions with the midfielders
- Perform the exercise at 2 touches
- Make it mandatory for players to perform oriented controls
- The supporting player must play at 1 touch
- Once the supporting player has given back the ball, they swaps positions with their teammate.
- Work on the pressing movements of midfielders
- Encourage midfielders to pass the ball at first touch
- Outer players have to be moving continuosly, in order for them to offer more options to the supporting player
- Midfielders must cover the possible trajectories of the pass
- Adequate time of execution and recovery
- Transitions from possession to non possession of the ball
- Modify the dimensions of the pitch based on players skills