4 vs 4 Tactical: Attacking Over The Line
- some markers to mark out the field
- 2 cones (4 for the variant)
- 4 vests
- one goal
- Playing Area: 20 x 20 meters
- Players: 8 + 1 goalkeeper
- Running time: 15 minutes
- Series number: 3 series of 4 minutes interspersed with 1 minute for passive recovery
Exercise for youngsters training the striker making runs in behind and the 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper
|Ball control, Goal defense, Mobility, Insertion|
Place the markers to form a playing area of about 15 meters per side. Place a goal on one of the sides. At about 8 meters from the goal create a line with the two cones, about 8 meters wide, all attacking runs must pass through this line. Divide the players into 2 teams of 4 players using the available vests.
- The game begins when the coach throws the ball in the middle area
- Two teams carry on with ball possession until one team makes 3 consecutive passes
- At this point an attacking player makes a run through the line to receive a pass
- Players may cross the line either by dribbling the ball across it or by meeting a pass played through behind the defense.
- Once the team in possession crosses over the line, the player with the ball has a 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper and tries to score
Player A dribbles the ball waiting for the diagonal run of B and then passes him the ball to go 1 vs 1 with the GK.
- The defending team cannot defend beyond the line formed by the cones
- The striker may begin attacking run after the team in possession has carried out 3 consecutive passes
- Defenders may not go over the line created by the cones
- Have two lines of cones, about 6 meters wide and place them diagonally across the goal, creating two-pronged offensive side. Striker will have to go through either diagonal line to receive a pass to go to goal. A second striker will follow up shots or be in the middle for a cross.
Form two lines with cones to vary the fronts of strike
- Move the line of cones thus training attacking runs from many angles and distances
- Increase or decrease the size according to the age of the players and their abilities
- Players must always move to free the passing lanes and try to remain active in a central position
- Striker actions must be developed centrally, it is better to break the line with a pass, to teach the right time to make run in behind
- Pay attention to the closing down of the goalkeeper which must be firm but not risky
- Finalization over the line should be carried out in the shortest possible time
- Transitions from possession to non possession phase is very fast